Telexistence is not only about teleoperation, but also about automation now. Automation is one of the most important features to have robots truly capable of executing real problems in human society. However, automation is not enough either.
We need both teleoperation (i.e. human intelligence) and automation (i.e. machine intelligence) combined. By letting automation learn from human support, real problems could be solved to a magnitude better compared to automation by itself.
We are hoping to bring the seed which eventually grows and changes the world itself, and we believe the project we’re currently working on is fully capable of doing it. If you have an awesome track record in CVPR, ICRA, etc and you want to deploy your knowledge and ideas into reality, this is the place for you. If you want to both productize and publish papers, this is also the place for you. Proven track records of quick-learning, adaptability, and problem-solving can be considered as equivalent skill experience in special cases as well.
Please join us, and let’s make a big difference in our society.
- Develop an automation system using custom hardware, using low-level software engineering, perception, and robotics libraries such as OpenCV, ROS, and deep learning.
- Work with other automation engineers and achieve goals set by CxOs.
- Work with software engineers to integrate automation systems smoothly.
- Break up vague goals into concrete steps and maintain the individual development timeline.
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Careful issue monitoring / debugging skills
- Strong experience in implementing complex hardware/software combined systems with or without ROS (internship included).
- Strong experience in linear algebra and skills to understand/implement state-of-the-art methods.
- Quick learning skills to grasp new ideas.
- Self-management skills to bring vague tasks into concrete steps.
- Proficiency in modern C++ (over C++14) for over 3+ years, along with low-level software development skills.
- Engineering experience within 3D perception, e.g., monocular / RGBD SLAM, pose estimation, reconstruction and so on.
- Experience in motion planning, collision avoidance, and path following of robots.
- Engineering experiences with one or more of the following:
- deep learning applications (keypoint detection, grasp estimation, 3d reconstruction, etc)
- PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe, etc
- control theory (PID controller, Kalman Filter, etc)
- network communication (pub/sub, req/rep, etc)
- camera calibration/hand-eye calibration
- Experience in Unity, C# development
- Experience in GPU computing using CUDA
- Work experience towards an open-source community
- Track records in academia (preferably from top conferences such as CVPR, ICRA, etc.)