Telexistence is not only about teleoperation, but also about automation now. Automation is one of the most important features to have robots truly capable of executing real problems in human society. However, automation is not enough either.
We need both teleoperation (i.e. human intelligence) and automation (i.e. machine intelligence) combined. By letting automation learn from human support, real problems could be solved to a magnitude better compared to automation by itself.
We are hoping to bring the seed which eventually grows and changes the world itself, and we believe the project we’re currently working on is fully capable of doing it. If you have an awesome track record in CVPR, ICRA, etc and you want to deploy your knowledge and ideas into reality, this is the place for you. If you want to productize robotics technology, this is also the place for you. Proven track records of quick-learning, adaptability, and problem-solving can be considered as equivalent skill experience in special cases as well.
Please join us, and let’s make a big difference in our society.
- Develop an automation system using custom hardware, using sophisticated software engineering, perception, and robotics/motion planning library with OpenCV, ROS, and so on.
- Work with other automation engineers and achieve goals set by CxOs.
- Architect the solution with the team, and deploy fast.
- Break up vague goals into concrete steps and self-maintain the individual development timeline.
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Careful issue monitoring / debugging skills
- Strong experience in implementing complex hardware/software combined systems with or without ROS (internship included).
- Experience working with robots with manipulators
- Strong experience in linear algebra and skills to understand/implement state-of-the-art methods.
- Proficiency in modern C++ (over C++14), along with software architecture skills.
- Engineering experience in motion planning, collision avoidance, and path following of robots
- Engineering experiences with one or more of the following
- control theory (PID controller, Kalman Filter, etc)
- network communication (pub/sub, req/rep, etc)
- camera calibration / hand-eye calibration.
- 3D perception, e.g., monocular / RGBD SLAM, pose estimation, reconstruction, and so on.
- deep learning applications (keypoint detection, grasp estimation, 3d reconstruction, etc)
- pytorch, tensorflow, caffe, etc
- Experience in Unity, C# development
- Work experience towards an open-source community
- Track records in academia (preferably from top conferences such as CVPR, ICRA etc.)